Transit Analyst Job Description
BAT’s Analyst has the following duties/responsibilities and reports to the Administrator:
- Offers programmatic and analytic support to all aspects of BAT’s operation and management.
- Works closely with the Grants Manager to ensure accurate and efficient oversight of funding, as well as the development of capital programs.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager to oversee safety, customer service, and transit assets.
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure compliance with state and federal rules, regulations, and programs.
- Works closely with the Administrator to support day-to-day management of the agency; including the scheduling of and preparation for internal and external meetings.
- Use data systems to analyze, track, and improve operational performance.
- Enhance existing, or develop new sources of data to accurately measure performance.
- Employ visualization or analytic software to identify trends and make projections designed to improve both short and longer term planning efforts.
- Assist in developing policies for data use and data sharing – particularly customer facing measures.
- Develop and maintain an automated performance dashboard.
- Assist with incorporating new and emerging technologies into BAT’s operations.
- Respond to customer, vendor, or coworkers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide high quality administrative and customer service support to BAT offices.
- Serve as project manager when needed – including overseeing and monitoring contract compliance.
- Provide additional support to Bridgewater State University transit system, as well as other external partners such as Councils on Aging.
- Handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Some travel may be required for procurement inspections, trainings, conferences, etc. as needed.
- Strictly adhere to the rules of the Authority and its oversight agencies including all EEO and Anti-discrimination policies.
- Perform other related functions and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in or related to the following subject matters: Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, etc.
- Combination of two years experience or coursework using data scripting languages or statistical software such as R, SAS, Python, SQL, etc.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft programs
- Experience manipulating and working with large data sets
- Strong analytical problem solving, critical thinking, and intellectual curiosity
- Experience effectively communicating the results of analyses with peers who may not be familiar with the process of statistical analysis
- Experience with independent project initiation and completion
- Transit background/knowledge required
Please send resume to BAT, 155 Court Street, Brockton, MA 02302 or email to [email protected]. We will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
BAT is an equal opportunity employer.
BAT is a drug free workplace.
CORI and credit check required.