The Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling, dispatching, and resolving problems for our drivers and/or customers. This position requires you to have exceptional proactive communication skills with internal and external customers including resolving issues with timely pickup and delivery, check calls, activity documentation, and overall promoting a professional workplace attitude in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for professional, timely, and effective internal and external driver interaction via phone calls and system messages, by building and maintaining a positive attitude to strengthen driver engagement in order to minimize turnover and improve driver satisfaction and productivity
- Maintain driver time and manage equipment through effective communication and planning in order to improve operational efficiency.
- Ability to efficiently assign work loads on driver to maximize customer satisfaction, including monitoring ongoing optimization based on current trips in progress
- Maintains the company safety culture to include daily safety briefings, and help enforce company policies to ensure DOT compliance and company requirements are being met
- Responsible for driver load monitoring, including resolving any issues that may affect the scheduled times for pickup or drop-off, while proactively communicating to the affected customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year of relevant professional experience or 4-5 years of experience in the Transportation/Logistics industry.
- Strong geographic knowledge of the Brockton MA area.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level
- Ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients and peers
- Ability to meet or exceed team/driver needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
- Effective communication skills
1442 Main Street
Brockton, MA 02301
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug and Alcohol Testing and CORI Check Required.